Home
JAQForum Ver 24.01
Log In or Join  
Active Topics
Local Time 11:05 05 Oct 2026 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : AI Research Project Ongoing

     Page 6 of 6    
Author Message
lizby
Guru

Joined: 17/05/2016
Location: United States
Posts: 3884
Posted: 12:17pm 13 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

  Bryan1 said  playing a tune worked nicely with no cutouts ... sent the STL off




The range of tasks I give to Gemini, Claude, ChatGPT keeps expanding, and I continue to be impressed with the productivity.

Getting everything always working in all conditions remains a challenge.

~
Edited 2026-09-13 22:18 by lizby
PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on FOTS
 
Bryan1

Guru

Joined: 22/02/2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 2283
Posted: 07:54am 25 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Just wondering if other Claude users have seen this change I have gotten, 4-5 hours then 2 hour and today no more Claude until Monday afternoon.

Now with 'IT' converting over club.py to MMBasic it has been an eventful time of bug after bug and that 24K file limit on HDMIWEB was causing problems with 'IT's' bloatware of the conversion job so I got it look at the firmware and now got 128K to play with but at the rate of these bans it may take a week or so to sort out the bugs and I'm glad we setup the 2040w for programming as repeated usb swaps weren't on anymore and transferring file over telnet was so easy. Now as MMBasic is a multi page system I got 'it' to make a pack/unpack system so transfer pack.pak via telnet then run unpack.bas which expands the unpacking and starts club.bas with the new code.

As club.bas does need some animation and interactive backgrounds draw.bas has been made and still only V0.001 so once again when the bugs are sorted and new commands put in like a [shrink] command much detail can done to make interactive buttons using the full screen then shrink them to fit the background picture so the buttons fit the area.

Now BT Classic has also been added to the firmware which is yet to test as I told 'IT' it cost me $100 for the Flip 6 so it's going to used in my code.

As I do have the weekend to fault find this new firmware attached in the zip file is step7tftpsafe.uf2 so if members can load this on a pico3 and give it ago and list all the bugs you find then post them it will make it easier on me trying to find them all.

Here is picture of my setup where computer B on the right has a dual screen mode so I can run club.bas on the HDMI setting while win 10 runs on the PC side the 2040W is on B USB and when any pico 3 is connected on B claude can ssh from my computer on the left which is my shed computer. Also got my TV on the right not pictured which is used so I can have 4 pico3's going and all connected by their own IP where networking still needs to be done.





To the upper left of my shed computer is a 48 port Enterprise Switch that provides power over ethenet so the Cisco wifi router connects all the boards on power up.

I'm sure if this will work but also zipped is pack/unpack.bas which the latest one before the ban so it is my club.bas system still full of bugs but have a look guy's.

Regards Bryan


PICO3_step7_tftpsafe.zip

pack.zip


unpack.zip
Edited 2026-09-25 18:25 by Bryan1
 
Bryan1

Guru

Joined: 22/02/2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 2283
Posted: 10:15am 25 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Well looking further into claude found the reset button so it's back to game on getting draw.bas upto scratch  

The main thing with MMBasic over micro-python when a file is uploaded there is no resets anymore as one just closes the page then opens it again with the new page  

So now draw.bas is getting the work over so club.bas can have that interactive feel.

Regards Bryan
 
lizby
Guru

Joined: 17/05/2016
Location: United States
Posts: 3884
Posted: 11:06pm 25 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

  Bryan1 said  Just wondering if other Claude users have seen this change I have gotten, 4-5 hours then 2 hour and today no more Claude until Monday afternoon.


I've been working more with ChatGPT Codex than with Claude Code for bigger projects, but yes, I've had multiple instances where I've run out of a 5-hour token budget and have had to wait to resume. Chat also gave me 3 "reset" bonuses and I used all three of them.

This has never happened with Claude or Chat in the browser, just in the agent-like instances of Code or Codex running in Powershell.
PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on FOTS
 
Bryan1

Guru

Joined: 22/02/2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 2283
Posted: 06:31am 02 Oct 2026
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Well I finally got sick of claude mucking around and getting nothing done so decided to see what life was like again with no AI  

It has been a few years since I did the roads on the farm so with plenty of firewood to see us thru put the grader blade back on my tractor and after a full day got most of the roads done  

The next day after some light rain the road base was the right moisture content so dragged a few more ton of roadbase off my pile infront of the house shed and builtup the erosion to reform the roads.

Well over the last 2 days had over 30mm of rain and the roads have held up well and got to see where the water does go so still got more to do so the water doesn't destroy the roads again.

Got back onto Claude about an hour ago and mentioned a new idea for my club.bas only to be told the tools he put on this computer aren't working right, now my suggestion of just fixing the problem went straight over 'it's' head so I turned it off in disgust.

So with these 5 boards I have I may just put a few of them up for sale on this forum, now the boards do have the ram and wifi chips on and are mounted in that 3D printed box I modified from the pico 2 case.

Regards Bryan
 
EDNEDN
Guru

Joined: 18/02/2023
Location: United States
Posts: 307
Posted: 01:33pm 02 Oct 2026
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

  Bryan1 said  

Got back onto Claude about an hour ago and mentioned a new idea for my club.bas only to be told the tools he put on this computer aren't working right, now my suggestion of just fixing the problem went straight over 'it's' head so I turned it off in disgust.



What model and dial setting are you using?   That can make all the difference.

For coding stuff Sonnet 5.5 and Opus 5.5 at a medium setting are doing a very good job for me.
Edited 2026-10-03 14:41 by EDNEDN
 
     Page 6 of 6    
Print this page


To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

The Back Shed's forum code is written, and hosted, in Australia.
© JAQ Software 2026