Home
JAQForum Ver 24.01
Active Topics
Local Time 05:25 23 Oct 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : Show us your retirement toys

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 08:43am 25 Aug 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

G'day Guy's,
             Well I hit 60 early this month and just left 5K in my super and with that only allowed to work 10 hours a week for get this a month. The Cheese factory has asked for me back when they find a new owner on 4 on 4 off and it is a great place to work.

So finally registered with GraysOnline and had a look and came away with this

Now also looked at this mini Kobolt excavator I did win the final bid but it came under the reserve. So the next day got a call and as my final bid was 8.95K got asked for a higher bid so went 9.5K, got a call back and 9.55K was the response so this came home.

Only 166 hours on the clock built in 2023 and spent most of this year in a auction house due to one reason a oil leak.

So took one side of the floor to find one flare nut loose on the distribution block so basically got a brandnew mini backhoe.

Also the attachments are still brandnew

So I can finally sort out the drainage problem of when it rains the roads wash away and the best part I can teach my daughter how to learn to use a backhoe.

Ordered a heap of stuff and soon the parts will be here for the mad board, the fets turned up from LSCS and got the HY5608W ones that says they are 180 amps so I'll use 24 of them on the mad board.

Cheers Bryan

Revlac

Guru

Posted: 09:59am 25 Aug 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Nice little thing to play with,  it will do well with trenching and post holes, the grab is very useful, just be very careful been such a small machine if you get the bucked or ripper hooked on a rock, old stump or a tree root, when the ripper or bucket brakes free under lifting load it can violently knock you around in the cab, can bust bolts and pipes, bigger excavators tend to be a bit more stable when working.
I'm sure you will learn quickly with it, keep some new underwear handy just in case you need it.

Nice retirement, the Excavator will pay for itself in no time, and you will find plenty of jobs for it.
Edited 2024-08-26 10:10 by Revlac
Cheers Aaron
Off The Grid

rogerdw
Guru

Posted: 01:30pm 30 Aug 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Very nice Bryan, good to see you bought some useful stuff that can help pay for itself or even maybe earn you some coin doing some foreignies.  

Will have to find somewhere in a shed to keep everything looking shiny and new.
Cheers,  Roger

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 07:28am 18 Sep 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

G'Day Guy's,
            Finally got my sectional Bender all finished and did a short youtube of the setup

Video link
https://youtu.be/5XK0roXpQow

Then as I had some 40x3mm flat bar just had to have a play and do the first roll   there is 75mm of kerf on each side which was expected using large rollers so one just 95% forms the piece then cut the kerf off to finish the last 5%.

Pretty happy this project has worked out nicely and just got a few finishing touch's to do to get it all finished.

Regards Bryan

Revlac

Guru

Posted: 02:44am 19 Sep 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Great, thats running nicely.
Would like to see it rolling flat bar.

Just thinking, This would be good for making vintage engine transporter wheels.
Edited 2024-09-19 21:53 by Revlac
Cheers Aaron
Off The Grid

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 06:25am 15 Oct 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Well guy's with some decent rain forecast decided to put the grader blade on my tractor and use the excavator to help do the cut in's etc.

Well first off the tractor had a flat front tyre so tried my cheap 12 volt compressor only find even with the wheel off the ground no go.

So thought lets try my air compressor on my old Kipoint and may need to switch inverters only to find it run the compressor   so got 15 psi pressure only to find the air valve leaking. Found a new one in my toolbox so got the grader blade on and after several pass's got enough road base so took the excavator down off the shed pad only to find when I turned to get on the watertank pad a track decided to part the ways. Now trying the hydraulic pump didn't work as it was stuck solid, so onto google to find how these tracks are adjusted only to find what I thought. A 27mm socket to undo the fitting but on this machine noway to get a socket on.

So my trusty chisel and 4lb hammer loosened the nut and saw some grease fall, ran the track and it corrected in the first pass so with the chisel tightened the nut and with my grease gun put the tension on the track.

I used my screed to hand finish off and after a couple days of rain it should be right to drive my '11 Forrester I got last week nice and cheap to compress the road base.

Regards Bryan

Revlac

Guru

Posted: 07:46am 18 Oct 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

You have all the fun,  I just did the track tension on the Hitachi EX100, had to get the old electric grease gun out for that, the hand pump grease gun just didn't have the power to push the piston and spring.

"it should be right to drive my '11 Forrester I got last week nice and cheap to compress the road base."
Should be good.
Cheers Aaron
Off The Grid

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 05:08am 19 Oct 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

While having my morning coffee in my shed took a look at my 16hp Listeroid where that 100 year old 12" pulley is too small and the ST genhead goes over voltage and likes to kill mig welders. Well I took that mig back in and said I turned it on and it went bang so got it repaired with all new boards under warranty.

Now I worked out I needed a 16" pulley so a good job for my sectional bender, worked out I needed 1500mm long 75x3mm flat bar and did 2 lengths to thicken up the OD.

Got some 40x10mm flat bar for the spokes and I am thinking of rolling a third skin as this is a big pulley.

So next job is finally hooking up that first inverter I made so I can use my mig welder to weld this pulley up.

With the first roll I was chasing 5mm to get it totally round and looked at the time and got moving to get my lunch at the local shop with 10 minutes left to closing time. So after lunch decided the first roll can be the base and I roughed down the second skin that can wrap around.

Yesterday I used the Foz to compress the road and it went well.

Edit: Just had a visitor to my shed which you guy's may like.

Edited 2024-10-19 15:25 by Bryan1

Revlac

Guru

Posted: 12:14am 21 Oct 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Quote  Edit: Just had a visitor to my shed which you guy's may like.

Cool, nice to see the locals come in occasionally, we often get Echidna's and may other guests.
Cheers Aaron
Off The Grid

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 08:55am 21 Oct 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

wow! nice visitor (Shingleback?).

I get welcome visitors now and again...

this little chap visited all through the spring and summer a few years back (you can tell it is summer in this shot by the wet pavias outside )

h

rogerdw
Guru

Posted: 01:56pm 21 Oct 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Bryan1 said  

Edit: Just had a visitor to my shed which you guy's may like.

CaptainBoing said  wow! nice visitor (Shingleback?).

I get welcome visitors now and again...
h

My mate turns up every spring and hangs around the workshop for months. Not sure if it's the same one or not but has been one here every year for the 8 or 9 years I've been in the workshop.

At some stage he will get in the workshop and you hear him doing a full lap around the wall  ...  and eventually makes his way to the door. Then I let him out.  

In the early days I was always sweating thinking the noise could be from a snake  ...  but so far so good.

Cheers,  Roger

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 02:09pm 21 Oct 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

very nice!

and he helps keep the workshop bug free!

rogerdw
Guru

Posted: 12:28pm 22 Oct 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Haha yeah, though he usually leaves a calling card or two. Massive turds from such a tiny animal.  
Cheers,  Roger

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 12:54pm 22 Oct 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024