Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.
Solarnewbie Newbie Joined: 30/10/2017 Location: United StatesPosts: 13
Posted: 02:33pm 03 Oct 2026
Copy link to clipboard
Print this post
A project I started years ago is finally coming together. This is a control panel with pages for different areas of your solar power system. I made a pcb that monitors
1. grid voltage and current and kWh. 2. Inverter output voltage, amps, kw, and kWh. 3. Monitoring up to 2 strings of pv. 4. Rpi4 with 512b ssd for data logging, receiving i2c data and sending to the control panel along with various pertinent data. 5. Home automation will be added as well with setup for off the shelf WiFi devices.
The pics are just one of many versions as I add and adjust each page. I use a PowMr inverter That has rs232 and rs485 available. Most likely the ra232 will be used to make available data that’s normally available on the “Solar Of Things” app on iOS. I have already added one browser app to control a 16 channel WiFi relay board. There will be a browser app for monitoring the system for use locally and https:// remote. with my browser app I can get real-time data unlike the iOS app that uses solar.siseli.com and update every few minutes. Edited 2026-10-04 00:37 by Solarnewbie